Canelo Alvarez and Billie Joe Saunders are fighting Saturday in a must-watch championship bout. Here’s all the information you need before the fight.
- Date: Saturday, May, 8
- Location: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas, USA
- Time: 8:00 PM ET, 1:00 AM BST
- Main event: 11:00 PM ET, 4:00 AM BST
- TV Boradcast: Local cable providers | DAZN
- Price: $49.99 pay per view | $19.99/month for one month or $99.99/annual
|Record||55-1-2, 37 KO||30-0-0, 14 KO|
|Titile(s)||Unified super middleweight world champion, holds WBA (Super), The Ring and lineal middleweight & WBA (Regular) super middleweight titles||Holds WBO super-middleweight title, former WBO middleweight champion|
|Height||5 ft 9 1⁄2 in (175 cm)||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||167.5 lbs.||167.25 lbs.|
|Reach||70 1⁄2 in (179 cm)||71 in (180 cm)|
|Born||Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico||Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, England|
According to the Independent, Canelo is expected to earn a guaranteed $15 million for the title bout, while Saunders will earn $2.5 million. Canelo will also pocket 60% of the pay-per-view revenue with Saunders earning 40%.
FIGHT CARD & UNDERCARDS/ODDS
- Canelo Alvarez (-800) vs. Billy Joe Saunders (+500) for Alvarez’s WBC and WBA Super Middleweight titles, and Saunders’ WBO Super Middleweight title
- Elwin Soto (-1200) vs. Katsunari Takayama (+700) for Soto’s WBO Junior Flyweight title
- Kieron Conway (+270) vs. Souleymane Cissokho (-360) | Junior Middleweight
- Frank Sanchez (-5000) vs. Nagy Aguilera (+1400) | Heavyweight
- Marc Castro vs. Irving Macias Castillo | Junior Lightweight
- Keyshawn Davis (-10000) vs. Jose Antonio Meza (+1600) | Lightweight
- Kelvin Davis vs. Jan Marsalek | Welterweight
- Christian Alan Gomez Duran vs. TBA | Welterweight
Odds provided by Bovada.
Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders is a boxing matchup that fans have been waiting to see. Two champions are facing off for multiple title belts in what should be a balanced match on Saturday night. Canelo is the clear favorite in the fight, and he deserves to be as he holds four belts. However, Saunders is now slouch and he’s a champion as well. Judging off of pure power, accuracy, and defense, Canelo should earn the victory in this bout although it won’t be easy. A knockout isn’t expected in this one, and it wouldn’t be a surprise if Saunders comes out on top if the bout goes the distance because he’s very methodical with his approach. Saunders just hasn’t been quite aggressive enough lately to match Canelo, which slightly puts Alvarez over the edge. Overall prediction: Canelo wins the bout in 12 rounds.