Vasiliy Lomachenko and Teofimo Lopez are set to face off in a Saturday showcase live on Top Rank boxing. Here’s all the information you need to know before the showcase tonight.
|Record||14-1, 10 KO||15-0, 12 KO|
|Title(s)||Current WBA, WBO and WBC lightweight champion, former WBO featherweight champion, former WBO junior lightweight champion||Current IBF lightweight champion|
|Weight||135 pounds||135 pounds|
|Reach||65.5 inches||68.5 inches|
|Hometown||Oxnard, California||Brooklyn, New York|
- Date: Saturday, October 17
- Location: MGM Grand – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Start Time: 10:00 PM ET
- TV Broadcast: ESPN: Live Stream: fuboTV (free 7-day trial)
Fight/Undercards & Odds
- Vasiliy Lomachenko (c) -380 vs. Teofimo Lopez (c) +290, IBF, WBA, WBO lightweight championship
- Arnold Barboza Jr. -275 vs. Alex Saucedo +215, junior welterweights
- Edgar Berlanga -7000 vs. Lanell Bellows +1500, super middleweights
Odds Provided by Bovada Sports Book
- Lomachenko will receive a guaranteed purse of $3.25 million with a 60% pay-per-view reveue share.
- Lopez will recieve a purse of $1.25 million and 40% revenue share of pay-per-views.
This is a big lightweight unification bout that could certainly go the distance. Both fighters have different boxing styles, and they will both be tested tonight. While Lomachenko has an agressive right at you approach, Lopez comes with a make a miss and you will pay style. Both fighters are very accurate and both have solid defensive tactics.
Lomachenko’s age comes with experience as a fighter, and Lopez brings the power and force behind his punches. If this fight goes the distance, Lomachenko should have more points on the overall scorecard due to his ability accurately land lots of punches in bursts. However, Lopez will certainly be looking for that knockout blow if he catches Lomachenko slipping.