Gervonta Davis and Rolando Romero are clashing Saturday in a lightweight title match. Here’s all the information you need to know before the highly anticipated fight.
- Date: Saturday, May 28
- Location: Barclays Center, New York City, New York, U.S.
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Broadcast: Showtime
- Price: $74.99 Pay-per-view
|Record||26-0-0, 24 KO||14-0-0, 12 KO|
|Title(s)||Current WBA (Regular) lightweight champion, former IBF super featherwight & former WBA (Super) featherweight champion||Former WBA interim lightweight champion|
|Height||5 ft 5 1⁄2 in (166 cm)||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
|Reach||67 1⁄2 in (171 cm)||68 in (173 cm)|
|Hometown||Baltimore, Maryland, United States||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
Per Total Sportal, Davis will earn a guaranteed total of about $2 million against Romero. Romero is expected to earn approximately $500,000.
FIGHT CARD & BETTING ODDS
- Gervonta Davis (-950) vs. Rolando Romero (+525) | WBA (regular) Lightweight Title
- Erislandy Lara (-2800) vs. Gary “Spike” O’Sullivan (+1100) | WBA (regular) Middleweight Title
- Jesus Alejandro Ramos (-1000) vs. Luke SantaMaria (+575)| Junior Middleweight
- Eduardo Ramirez (-450) vs. Luis Melendez (+300) | Junior Lightweight
Odds provided by Bovada Sports Book
“Davis announced that he would be facing undefeated former WBA interim lightweight champion Rolando Romero on December 5 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Showtime PPV. However, Romero was pulled from the bout due to sexual assault allegations made against him, and was subsequently replaced with Isaac Cruz.
On January 11, 2022, Romero revealed on his Instagram page that no charges against him were filed, as the claims of sexual abuse could not be substantiated. On January 24, the WBA once again ordered Davis to make a mandatory lightweight title defense against Romero, and gave the pair until February 24 to come to terms. The pair agreed to face each other on May 28, in the main event of a Showtime PPV, at the Barclays Center in New York.”