Gervonta Davis and Leo Santa Cruz are set to face off in a Saturday showcase on Showtime Boxing. Here’s all the information you need to know before the showdown.
|Record||23-0, 22 KO||37-1-1, 19 KO|
|Title(s)||Current WBA (Regular) lightweight champion, former IBF super featherwight & former WBA (Super) featherweight champion||Current WBA (Super) featherweight & WBA (Super) super featherweight champion, former IBF bantamweight & WBC super bantamweight champion|
|Weight||130 pounds||126 pounds|
|Reach||67.5 inches||69 inches|
|Hometown||Baltimore, Maryland, United States||Huetamo, Michoacan, Mexico|
- Date: Saturday, October 31
- Location: Alamodome, Texas, USA
- Start Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Broadcast: Showtime Boxing PPV ($74.99)
Fight/Undercards & Odds:
- Gervonta Davis (-650) vs. Leo Santa Cruz (+475)
- Mario Barrios (-1800) vs. Ryan Karl (+900)
- Michel Rivera (-380) vs. Ladarius Miller (+290)
- Regis Prograis (-1800) vs. Juan Heraldez (+850)
- Isaac Cruz Gonzalez (-170) vs. Diego Magdaleno (+140)
Odds provided by Bovada Sports Book
- Davis will receive a guaranteed purse of $1 million with a 50% pay-per-view revenue share.
- Santa Cruz will receive a purse of $1.5 million also with a 50% pay-per-view revenue share.
Gervonta Davis and Leo Santa Cruz have different skill types to make them both good fighters. Everyone is counting out Santa Cruz, but let’s not forget he’s a champion with title belts in his hands. Early round scoring will be critical for Santa Cruz in order to win, especially if this one goes the distance.
Santa Cruz has jerky head movement that Davis may have to adjust to in the early rounds, but if he’s on point mentally he should be the victor. Davis is bigger the bigger fighter of the two, and he’s got more power and is more accurate. His overall skills and talent seem to outmatch Santa Cruz, and once he gets going he’s nearly impossible to stop.
Photos by Esther Lin