A quick update from the good and bad contract extensions done today throughout the NBA today.
- Buddy Heild signs 4-year, $86 million extension with Sacramento.
- Jaylen Brown signs 4-year, $115 million extension with Boston.
- Domontas Sabonis signs 4-year, $79.4 million extension with Indiana.
- Dejounte Murray signs 4-year, $64 million extension with San Antonio.
- Taurean Prince signs 2-year, $29 million extension with Brooklyn.
- Joe Ingles signs 1-year, $14 million extension with Utah.
- Pascal Siakam signs 4-year, $130 million extension with Toronto
The Heild, Murray, Prince, Ingles, and Sabonis deals are all acceptable as they’ve shown their worth and ceiling in their young careers.
However, Brown and Siakam’s agents deserve a medal for getting two mediocre players a ridiculous amount of money.
Brown has a career 11.2 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 1.3 assists in three seasons, and Siakam 10.1 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 2.0 assists.
Brown hasn’t proved anything, especially with his points, assists, rebounding, three point percentage, and minutes all dropping in his third season compared to his second.
He also came off the bench in 49 of his 75 games played.
Siakam averaged 16.9 points last year making it a big improvement from his 7.3 the year before, but that was with a susperstar teammate in Kawhi Leonard.
He’ll no doubt struggle without him by his side, and the departure of Danny Green hurts as well.
Leave a Reply