The NBA and the Player’s Association have agreed to new COVID-19 safety protocols as more and more players have tested positive.
The list of new protocls include:
- Wearing facemasks at all times on team benches and in team locker rooms
- Players are only allowed to fist-bump when socializing before and after games
- Pre-game team meetings will be restricted to 10 minutes
- Road teams will no longer be able to dine at pre-approved restaurants
- All players and staff will be restricted to their hotel with emergency exceptions
- Home team players and team staff must remain at their residence except to attend team related activities at the facility or arena, exercise outside, and perform essential activities or the occurrence of extraordinary circumstances
The league stated that they have no plans on pausing the current season among all the outbreaks.