Canelo Alvarez and Callum Smith are fighting on Saturday for the WBC and WBA super middleweight titles. Here’s all the information you need before the championship match.
- Date: Saturday, December 19
- Location: Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas, USA
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Boradcast: DAZN
- Price: DAZN ($19.99 monthly subscription or $99.99 annually), The pay-per-view package costs $69.99 and comes with a free subscription to DAZN for three months.
|Record||53-1-2, 36 KO||27-0-0, 19 KO|
|Titile(s)||Four-division world champion, holds WBA (Super), The Ring and lineal middleweight & WBA (Regular) super middleweight titles||Holds WBA (Super) and Ring magazine super-middleweight titles|
|Height||5 ft 9 1⁄2 in (175 cm)||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||168 lbs.||168 lbs.|
|Reach||70 1⁄2 in (179 cm)||78 in (198 cm)|
|Born||Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico||Liverpool, Merseyside, England|
Fight/Undercard & Odds
- Canelo Alvarez (-700) vs. Callum Smith (c) (+450) for the WBC and WBA super middleweight titles
- Frank Sanchez vs. Julian Fernandez | heavyweights
- Marc Castro vs. Luis Javier Valdes | bantamweights
- Austin Williams vs. Isiah Jones | middleweights
- Christian Alan Gomez Duran (-1600) vs. Angel Hernandez (+800) | welterweights
Odds provided by Bovada Sports Book.
This match, just like the GGG match Friday night should be an easy victory for the headliner. Canelo Alvarez should see an easy victory against Callum Smith, although he’s the smaller of the two. Smith is lengthy, but his power cannot match Canelo’s and it could put him in some early trouble. If Smith can take it the distance, kudos to him. Alvarez should get the job done by either KO or TKO by the 7th or 8th round.