The news of Urban Meyer stepping down as head coach of Ohio State after seven seasons has been revealed. Here is a look into Meyer’s most recent contract details including his compensation, incentives, and more.
Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer will be stepping down after the Buckeyes’ Rose Bowl match against Washington on January 1.
Meyer was 82-9 during his seven years with the team, and he took home three Big Ten Championships and the 2014 National Title.
Here is a look at Meyer’s most recent financials provided by Newsday.
- 2017 guaranteed pay: $5,700,000
- Total contract pay: $48,341,667
- Contract length: 9 years
- Start date: 11/28/2011
- Last amended: 4/10/2015
- Expires: 1/31/2021
- Retention bonus: $450,000 on 1/31/14; $260,000 on 3/31/15; $60,000 on 1/31/16; $160,000 on 1/31/17, 1/31/18, 1/31/19 and 1/31/20
- National title bonus: $350,000 for appearing
- CFP semifinal win: $250,000
- CFP semifinal appearance: $200,000
- Conference title bonus: $100,000
- Conference regular season division title bonus: $50,000
- Coach of the year award bonus: $50,000 for Big Ten Coach of Year; $75,000 for National Coach of Year
- Academic bonuses: $50,000 if team GPA is 3.0; $100,000 if team GPA is 3.3; $150,000 if team GPA is 3.5
- Car: $1,200 monthly stipend
- Tickets: 12 lower bowl tickets and suite for family
- Golf/country club: Golf club membership
- Private jet use: 50 hours of personal use of private jet
- Buyout if coach leaves for another coaching job: $21,345,100 if before 1/31/18; $15,523,591 if before 1/31/19; $10,038,327 if before 1/31/20; $4,869,894 if before 1/31/21
Leave a Reply